Golf Course Superintendent
East Greenwich Golf Club
Position Summary: The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for the management and maintenance of the golf course and all golf course properties including practice areas, clubhouse grounds and landscaping, and related golf course equipment. Implements and monitors the budget, monitors the quality of work performed by department personnel to ensure maximum member and guest satisfaction. Secures and protects the company assets, including facilities and equipment. Training of all employees in all levels of golf course operation and maintain a daily record of all work performed. Supervise all field operations. Be available at all hours in the event of emergency. Coordinate daily scheduling of staff duties. The Superintendent provides the necessary coordination, cooperation, and communication with the General Manager and Golf Professional.
Reports to: General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Implements policies established by the East Greenwich Golf Club management; directs their administration and execution.
- Maintains / inspects golf course grounds, clubhouse grounds, landscaping, and maintenance equipment.
- Interviews, hires, trains, and supervises select employees for the purpose of maintaining club properties.
- Ensures accurate record keeping of assets and inventories. Purchases supplies as needed.
- Develops/supervises programs to fertilize, apply pesticides and perform cultural practices on the golf course areas as needed.
- Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program in compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
- Coordinates with General Manager and Golf Professional, necessary course maintenance, closings, and special event functions.
- Responsible for all departmental reporting such as annual budget etc.
- Analyzes financial statements and establishes controls to safeguard funds. Reviews costs relative to goals; takes corrective action as necessary.
- Communicates regularly with other members of East Greenwich Golf Club management group to discuss activities, goals, plans and golf course conditions.
- Participates and contributes time to selected organizations and associations toward maximum professional benefit to EG Golf Club.
- Represents EG Golf Club as an ambassador in the community and within the industry always.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises: Assistant Superintendent, Maintenance Foreman, Pesticides Application Specialist, Irrigation Specialist, Equipment Operator, Equipment Manager, Contract Labor, Seasonal Interns.
- Minimum of 3 years as an Assistant or Head Golf Course Superintendent
- Requires a minimum of an Associate of Science in Golf Course Operations or Bachelor of Science degree in a closely related field.
- Certified Golf Course Superintendent (CGCS) preferred.
- RI Pesticide Application Certification or must obtain RI License within 6 months of hire date
- Valid Driver’s License
- Previous experience in managing turf grass and weather conditions in the Northeast
Compensation: The club will offer a competitive compensation plan and benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a compelling cover letter specific to this position, along with a resume and salary history for consideration to email@example.com no later than August 4, 2017.