Montaup Country Club
Course Description: Montaup Country Club is a Semi-Private, 18-hole course located in Portsmouth RI. This seaside course was founded in 1923 and covers 125 acres.
Our Annual Course Operating Budget is $900,000.
New Rain Bird Irrigation System Installed in 2014.
Position Description: The position we are advertising has a variety of duties and responsibilities. It is expected that the superintendent will provide high quality playing conditions and pleasing aesthetics. The responsibilities include: turf
grass/plant material maintenance programs, equipment maintenance and acquisition, human resources related to golf course personnel, budgeting/forecasting, financial management, scheduling/maintenance of irrigation systems, pesticide and chemical acquisition, storage and applications and compliance with regulatory issues.
- Care and maintenance of the turf, plants, shrubs, trees on the facility grounds. Particular attention to the greens to promote turf health and consistent surfaces.
- Work with the Green’s Committee to ensure consistent quality playing conditions on the course.
- Work closely with the Golf Professional on maintenance issues affecting golf course operations.
- Develop with the Green’s Committee annual operating budgets and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Develop and maintain a long range plan and schedule for future equipment acquisitions/leases to facilitate financial planning.
- Work with Green’s Committee on calendaring of significant maintenance operations, such as aerification and construction projects.
- Manage expenses associated with Golf Course Operations, including payroll, supplies, chemicals, fertilizers, etc.
- Recruit, train, supervise and retain maintenance staff. Conduct employee performance evaluations and exercise disciplinary action.
- Provide training and oversight for employees so that staff is working consistently with club safety and state and federal guidelines.
- Supervise and participate in the application and recording of chemical applications on the Club’s grounds in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintain records and complete required reporting.
- Establish good working network and communications with peers in the region to facilitate exchange of relevant information and experience.
- Remain current in reading of relevant literature and publications in the field and join and participate in appropriate professional organizations.
- 3 years of experience as Golf Superintendent or 1st Assistant, preferably in New England or a comparable cold weather climate.
- Pesticide Application License as required by local, state or national requirements.
- Must possess knowledge of golf course maintenance and procedures, be experienced with maintaining greens, tees, fairways, roughs and bunkers, and must be proficient at equipment maintenance and repair.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail, and strong budgeting skills.
Compensation & Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with experience ($75,000 - $85,000). Benefits include use of a truck, health plan, dental insurance, three weeks of vacation and golf privileges.
Send Resume and cover letter to email address below:
Gerald Santos, President, Montaup Country Club.
500 Anthony Road
Portsmouth, RI 02871
Deadline for Responses: December 22, 2017. Please include references.