Sakonnet Golf Club is looking for a Golf Course Mechanic/Equipment Manager. The ideal candidate must be a team oriented individual, self motivated and someone who can prepare a fleet of equipment ready for daily use and perform preventative maintenance to insure its good working order. The ability to diagnose and repair problems in house is essential on a variety of equipment.
A high school diploma or equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Organized with the ability to schedule preventative maintenance
- Time management is essential
- Ability to effectively produce and record business records
- Working knowledge of the Hazards and Safety precautions associated with the profession
- Good diagnostic working knowledge of small gas and diesel engines
- Experience with hydraulic, electrical and fuel systems
- The ability to daily adjust/sharpen both reel and rotary mowers is essential
- The candidate will have a good working knowledge of computers and diagnostic scanning tools
- Instructs and/or trains employees regarding preventive maintenance and safe operation of equipment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- This position involves the need to lift and/or maneuver objects at times. Help will be provided with heavier items.
- Pay commensurate with experience
- This Salary position is 40 hours per week.
- Employer Paid Health Insurance 80% after 90 days.
- A Simple IRA is available after 1 year.
- Vacation time, paid sick and holiday time
- Staff shirts and limited golfing privileges
Email your resume to:
Kirk A. Whiting, C.G.C.S.
Sakonnet Golf Club
79 Sakonnet Point Road
Little Compton, RI 02837