- Location: 500 Veterans Memorial Parkway, East Providence, RI 02914
- Posted: February 1st 2018
- Position Title: Head Superintendent
- Company Name: Metacomet Country Club
- Category: Golf Course Superintendent
- Minimum Education: 2-4 year Turf grass management degree
- Minimum Experience: 3-7 Years
- Salary Range: $75,000 - $85,000 (Yearly Salary)
Private, member-owned 18-hole Donald Ross layout seeking dedicated, hands on head superintendent to manage, maintain, and improve the golf course.
- Working hands on managing assistants, greens crew, mechanic, and greens facility.
- Maximize dollars and manpower to meet budget while providing an excellent product.
- Have basic computer skills including power point and excel.
- Lead and finish the last stage of the in-house bunker renovation.
- Maintain our consistent, quick, green speed daily.
- Minimum 2-4 years turf grass management degree. 3-7 years of experience as a first assistant or head superintendent. Chemical license to buy and spray. Managerial skills.
- Can motivate and organize a team at the highest level. Manage a crew of 12-16 and work hand-in-hand with them.
- Has a working knowledge of golf course construction, particularly bunker construction, and irrigation.
- Has excellent experience with how to keep bentgrass and poa healthy through challenging weather conditions.
- Can maintain firm and fast greens by stressing them to just the right levels.
- Can manage and continue Metacomet’s desired golf course conditions.
- Works closely with the Club Manager, Head Golf Professional and Board of Governors to operate the Golf Course in a fiscally responsible and professional manner.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
Please send all applications to:
ATTN: Richard Audette, Jr., Greens Chairman
Metacomet Country Club
500 Veterans Memorial Parkway
East Providence, RI 02914
Phone : 401-935-1186
Application Deadline: February 20th, 2018