Swansea Country Club is a public championship par-72 golf course that was designed by Geoffrey Cornish. Our club also maintains a 9-hole executive par-3 course, 10,000 square foot grass driving range tee, and a short game practice area.
- Perform course set up for an extremely busy daily play golf course.
- Directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course including tees, greens, fairways, bunkers, cart paths and the rough.
- Operate and maintain a Toro irrigation system daily.
- Schedule, manage and lead a crew of maintenance workers.
- Assist with an irrigation program that results in plant vigor, increased water preservation and overall better playability.
- Ability to apply and calibrate fertilizer and pesticide applications as directed by the golf course superintendent.
- Responsible for snow removal and selective tree removal during the winter months.
- Must have completed a two or four-year program in a turf grass science related field of study.
- Obtain a Massachusetts Pesticide License.
The candidate must have 3-4 years of golf course maintenance experience.
Safely operate equipment, make fertilizer and chemical applications.
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience.
Local association dues will be paid.
MA applicators license will be paid.
Position Available: 3/15/2018
Application Deadline: 3/1/2018
Application Instructions: Please send a cover letter, resume and references to:
Golf Course Superintendent
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org