Assistant Golf Course Superintendent - The Preserve at Boulder Hills, Richmond, RI
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent assists the Golf Course Superintendent with the maintenance, operation and management of the golf course.
1. Reports to: Golf Course Superintendent or Director of Golf.
2. Directs: Directs the work of maintenance crews.
3. Other: Works closely with the Golf Course Superintendent in coordinating work. Must establish and maintain good working relationships with employees in other departments and with the general public.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
This is a supervisory position. Duties include:
1. Supervising the construction and maintenance of the golf course.
2. Supervising the maintenance and repair of construction and maintenance equipment
3. Supervising the maintenance and repair of golf cart fleet
4. Manages and maintains the golf course grounds and the clubhouse grounds and landscaping, 5. Renders professional advice, opinions, assistance and services to the facility’s managing body as required
6. Participates in all long-range meetings
7. Reports to the Golf Course Superintendent regularly.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
1. Construction, renovation and/or reconstruction of golf course properties whether performed bymaintenance staff or contractors. Assists the superintendent in submission of written plans for course construction, reconstruction or renovation projects.
2. Assists in the preparation of the annual budget for the maintenance and capital improvement of course properties.
3. Interviews, hires, trains, directs and supervises a staff of employees for the purpose of maintaining the properties.
4. Plans all maintenance and project work, applying his or her agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve the agreed-upon maintenance standards and long- range goals
5. Keep accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, weather data, maintenance procedures, pesticide applications, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Requires advanced knowledge of agronomy and turf grass management practices; a working knowledge of golf facility construction principles, practices and methods; and a through understanding of the rules and strategies of the game of golf
2. Requires excellent oral and written communications skills
3. Requires knowledge of current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management of golf course operations (including, but not limited to, employment, safety and environmental standards, laws and regulations)
4. Requires participation in continuing education opportunities such as seminars, workshops, correspondence courses, field days and trade shows
To apply, please contact:
2091 Nooseneck Hill RD
Coventry RI, 02816
Office - 401.392.3000
Fax - 401.397.9191